Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform - Print Range Option disabled

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I tried in forum to find solution but not successful.  Here is my requirement, When I preview and print the Smartform, the printer popup does not allow me to select the range of pages.  Please see the screen attached.

Is something to be done at SPAD or at Smartform.?

Regards,

Venkat

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

As far as I know SAP sends the print entirely to the OS level the pages canoot be split there

Regards

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswaran,

In the print preview dialog box itself, you can enter the page range.

Regards.

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes these are disabled at the printer level. Is it a network printer that you access. Your print to file is also disabled hence suspecting might be disabled at printer level.

Cheers,

Arindam

0 Kudos

Hi Arindam

Yes, It is a network printer.

Probably it might have to be set at Printer level.  Do you have any idea on how to set this option enabled?

In our system, we did not provide the dialog window (as you said).

Regards,

Venkat

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is at printer level that I think cannot be enabled i think. Try installing 3rd party software like DoPDF these act as virtual local printers and print to PDF file instead of actual printer. See if you get the option enabled in that. This will help you understand if its truly set for that particular printer.

Cheers,

Arindam

0 Kudos

Dear Arindam

Yes, I have already provided the primopdf option to them,  However, user is very much interested in activating this option as he is demanding that when he prints the word document it is enabled and from SAP it is not enabled  🙂 !

Regards,

Venkat

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is disabled at printer level settings.. try using dummy printers which print to documents like microsoft xps printer, etc and see if the options are present. in case they are you can be sure that the problem is with the printer not sap

0 Kudos

Dear Gaurab

Yes, the option is enabled If we print a word document.

It is not enabled when we print it from SAP

Regards,

Venkat

fabianaltmann
Discoverer
0 Kudos

SAP note 2328496