Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Print output adding tabs to sentences

0 Kudos

I am printing a new custom smartform using a Epson Colorworks c6500. The print preview and pdf display are outputting correctly but the physical print is splitting strings and adding tabs.

Print preview of window:

Physical print with spaces/tabs:

I have checked the smartstyle and there are no issue there with tabs or spacing.

Is there any other reasons why the print output might have these tabs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi sandra.rossi

Thank you for your suggestion, I checked SE73 and the font were indeed mismatched. Once I corrected the font in my smartstyle to the custom font in SE73 the print output was corrected.

8 REPLIES 8

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

the text you are printing, how does it look /how is it written in the smartform?

Simone

0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

The issue occurs with both include text taken from the basic data of the material and also with hard coded text/phrases. I can see in the OTF display that the sentences tend to split around the 60 byte length but I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Smart Form/OTF is using a special logic to position the texts the least wrong possible, based on font metrics. It splits the text so that globally it appears at the right positions.

So probably there's a difference between the font defined in SAP, its font metrics, and the actual font used by the printer.

I think there are some SAP notes about this logic, how to troubleshoot and solve these issues.

satvik_panchal
Participant

difference in 'Cocoa' spelling.

In soft copy print preview : OCcoa

In physical print : Cocoa

How's that possible?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you print using printer register in SAP (trans. SPAD) or using Windows drivers ?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

satvik.panchal

Nice catch 😄

0 Kudos

The mis-match between the spelling in the print preview and the physical print is the result of changes to the material basic text between prints. The misspelling was spotted in the print preview and corrected for the physical print.

We are using Windows drivers as instructed by Epson.

Hi sandra.rossi

Thank you for your suggestion, I checked SE73 and the font were indeed mismatched. Once I corrected the font in my smartstyle to the custom font in SE73 the print output was corrected.