Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform label prints correctly on LOCL while prints black on Zebra printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having an issue with smartform printing.

I have developed a label which prints fine on LOCL printer while it prints black page on a zebra printer.

The device type is LZEB2 for Zebra printer.

Please note I have used template in the smartform to design this label. I have tried many things like changing the page format, changing the fonts but it is not working . There are other labels which are printed perfectly on that same Zebra printer. can someone please help?

I have attached the scanned copies label which I have developed.

thanks,

Girish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can You send the screen shot of spad configuration of that printer. Since the driver may be causing problem. please contact basis regarding this.

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

thanks for the info. i will check the SPAD settings, but if the problem is with the drivers, then how other forms are printing properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can anybody help?

0 Kudos

Hi, check if the other working smartforms are using ZPL language. You check this by seeing if the smartform has a standard text. If yes, you'd need to create your new one in ZPL language too.

Also make sure your system has service pack packages mentioned in the note

Checkout the note 750772 also.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

possibly the cause of the fully black colored label are the colored box and shading information which are possible in Smart Forms (for a window, a text, etc.)?

WHile color and shading is possible in general, the Zebra ZPL driver does not support color and shading and may transform a light shading into solid black...

Please check the "output options" tab of all your windows and texts in the SF and make sure that these have no color and no fill (0 %) selected.

Regards,

Alex