Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Header Maintainance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had copied a std smartform into my zsmartform and tried to run it for a preview. now it so happens that in the standard smartform there is no hardcoded text in the header of the SmartForm (SF) but i happenend to find out thru debugging that it still displays a header by fetching its records from the STXFTXT DB table based upon the logon language and the formname and text type.Now my problem is there are no records maintained in this DB table for my copied zsmartform. Could you tell me how could i maintain this DB table "STXFTXT" and if not that way then how do i maintain the header for my zsmartform.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the procedure goes in this way.

1.Smartform after creation will be assigned to a Transaction from where it is printed(send to spool).

2.With in the Transaction we can assign the text .

For eg: Go to VA02(Change sales order).Pick one sales order .Press enter. Go to menu path : GOTO->header->text,add or change some text.the same will be printed in the assigned smartform.

(i.e) The text which corresponds to that particular SALES ORDER will be printed.

This will update the tables which you have mentioned.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know from which transaction the smartform is being called.

Is it a Standard SAP Transaction?

0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> Let me know from which transaction the smartform is

> being called.

> Is it a Standard SAP Transaction?

Hi Chandu,

Actually its in the smartforms transaction i executed the smartform's function module in the debugging mode to discover my findings.

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

Could you please explain your problem little bit more.

What you mean by header here?

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi,

by header i meant the Form Header that gets displayed on the form when u try to preview it by executing the function module thru the smarforms transaction.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know whether i understood your problem correctly...

you mean about long text, in this case check with document text , and what type of text element is used for that ( Include text ).

use SFTRACE for smartform trace details.

Cheers,

Sasi

0 Kudos

This could be coming from one of the window of the smartform. Can you please let me know the standard smartform name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the procedure goes in this way.

1.Smartform after creation will be assigned to a Transaction from where it is printed(send to spool).

2.With in the Transaction we can assign the text .

For eg: Go to VA02(Change sales order).Pick one sales order .Press enter. Go to menu path : GOTO->header->text,add or change some text.the same will be printed in the assigned smartform.

(i.e) The text which corresponds to that particular SALES ORDER will be printed.

This will update the tables which you have mentioned.