Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform generating more than one page while printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening everyone.

I have created a smartform and now I am trying to print it. I have executed RSTXPDFT4 program in SE38 and entered the spool number and saved my smartform. But now my smartform is having more number of pages even though in print preview there is only one page. The same page is repeating again and again. Whats might be the problem? Please help.

Dev.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hope you are not passing anyting to this field in you Smartform interface.

OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES = 3 .  ( Number of Copies to be generated at Printer level)

In the above case even though only one spool is created 3 copies will be printed at the printer.

12 REPLIES 12

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hope you are not passing anyting to this field in you Smartform interface.

OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES = 3 .  ( Number of Copies to be generated at Printer level)

In the above case even though only one spool is created 3 copies will be printed at the printer.

0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Where can we find this OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES = 3 .

where should I give the number of copies. While seeing print preview it is askinf for no of copies, at that time i gave 1 only.

Dev.

0 Kudos

Check your spool before issuing print.

Goto SP01/SP02->There is an option to Print it with Changed Parameters ( Shift + F1) ->Here you can see Number of Copies.

Check if its 1.

If its 1 and still you are getting more than on copies i guess its some other problem

0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Thanks very much.

As I said before when executing RSTXPDFT4 and trying to save the smartform to my system then it is showing many pages and that too the first page is not at all the output of my smartform and the rest are my smartform output which is repeating. I don't know from where it has come. I think there is some problem in my smartform itself.

But if I go into SP01 then it is showing only one page that too the first page which is not my smartform output.

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if you have not defined the next page for the last page .Also i suspect there might be problem with Printer settings ask you basis to look in this.

Regartds

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya thats correct. Please mention the number of copies as 1.

OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES = 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is some problem in my form. I have done a new one with same code and every thing is working fine now. Thanks everyone for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Reopening the post.

Actually I understood what the problem is but I am with no answer. The problem is,

suppose my smartform is having 2 pages output when I am trying to save the smartform as PDF after doing some modifications with the spool number the older pages are also coming. That's why I am getting more number of pages. Please someone help me solve the issue.

Dev.

0 Kudos

No response from any one. Closing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Eliminate this Problem in future .Please Create a table Entrie for Printer Peferences ..it will helpful in future

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the reply. Could you explain me a bit more clearly.

Dev.