Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform for Service Order (IW31)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appologies if this has been answered before. I've done a quick search and found it asked before, but no answers.

Hopefully some of you experts can help me out.

I have created a smartfrom to print the details of a service order (from within IW31 or IW3D, say).

My problem is as follows...

If I click Order->Print->Print Preview->Print, it prints out perfectly. However if I click Order->Print->Print, the form is printed with no data.

It's almost as if the script that calls the smartform isn't being run correctly in the second case as all the internal tables being passed to the smartform are empty.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

0 Kudos

That's a little weird.

Did you check in debug mode if the data is being passed in correctly.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Yes. I have tried the following, with the following results:

- <b>Insert a break point in the print processing code.</b>

If I press print preview, it hits the break point. All internal tables are filled correctly and it prints fine.

If I just press print, it never triggers the break point. Is this because it is in background mode?

- <b>Insert a break point in the smartform.</b>

Same behaviour as above if I press print preview. If I press print, the code stops at the breakpoint, but all internal tables are empty (and hence a blank smartform)

So, for some reason data isn't getting to the smartform if you just press print, but it is if you press print preview.

0 Kudos

If I enter debug mode and step through the code, everything looks and works fine when print preview is pressed.

However, when the print button (remember, I'm talking about the first print button, not print preview -> print) is pressed, I can step through the code in program 'SAPLIPRT' but when it comes to the end I simply get sent back to the original screen - it never steps into my print program code. Is this because it's executing in the background?