Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 and a HTTP Client Connection Using SSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm running an ECC 6.0 (EHP 5) system.  Our ECC System is a dual stack system.  We've recently enabled SSL on the ECC's java stack.  The SSL Server Certificate has been signed by my organization's internal CA.  All of our desktops recognize this CA.  I'm pretty sure SM/59/our ABAP system does not.

After enabling HTTPS on the Java Stack (TCP port 5XX01) we disabled the HTTP service (5XX00) per our security overlords mandate.

The only application we have running on the Java Stack is Adobe Document Services.  The setup guide for ADS is located here.

As you can see, ADS involves a HTTP Connection in SM59.  How do I configure this HTTP connection in SM59 over SSL (HTTPS).

Key considerations:

1. I've not imported our Enterprises' Root CA into the Trusted CAs for AS ABAP for the main reason that I do not know how to.  How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working.  I needed to configure the anonymous SSL Client PSE in STRUST and import our Enterprise Root CA as one of the Certificates in the Anonymous Client PSE.

After that, SM59 worked just fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BASIC Authentication for this RFC.  SSL Client Certificate authentication is neither needed nor desired.

0 Kudos

Presently I have gone to the "Logon & Security" tab of SM59.  Under "Security Options" I have set SSL to "Active".  SSL Certificate is set to ANONYM SSL (Anonymous).  On the "Technical Settings" tab I have updated the port to point to the HTTPS port.

When I test the RFC, as presently configured, the error is "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED", with no additional details or long text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working.  I needed to configure the anonymous SSL Client PSE in STRUST and import our Enterprise Root CA as one of the Certificates in the Anonymous Client PSE.

After that, SM59 worked just fine.