Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size dinamically a Custom Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a dynpro I have two section:

- one with some parameters

- one with alv (using cl_gui_alv_grid).

I build the first section with a sub area and with a button to collapse and expand the sub area. All works fine.

The problem is that when I collapse the subarea I want to expand the custom control where the alv is.

I want to do something like the trx ME23N.

Any one can help me?

Bye

enzo

7 REPLIES 7

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not sure about this, but first try to make the container in the screen painter bigger. Double click it and set the vertical and horzontial resizing checkboxes. Now save and activate and run it.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

but can i change these attribute runtime?

thanks

0 Kudos

I'm not sure that you need to. By increasing the size and the checking of those checkboxes, I believe that the container will be automatically resized, depending on the screen resolution and sizing. I don't think that you can control these attributes at runtime. Give it a try and see what happens.

If the container is inside a subscreen as well, you may need to make the subscreen bigger as well.

Regards

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

do you know the method set_position of cl_gui_custom_container?

0 Kudos

Yes, but I don't see how setting attributes of the custom container object will help with the placement in the dynpro, but you can try it.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved creating two different subarea also for alv.

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanna know how you did the collapse / expand for a sub area like tcode me23n do ???

Any help would be appreciated !

Max

>

> Hi all,

> in a dynpro I have two section:

> - one with some parameters

> - one with alv (using cl_gui_alv_grid).

>

> I build the first section with a sub area and with a button to collapse and expand the sub area. All works fine.

> The problem is that when I collapse the subarea I want to expand the custom control where the alv is.

>

> I want to do something like the trx ME23N.

> Any one can help me?

>

> Bye

> enzo