Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHD0-Transaction Variant not correctly hiding screens from tabstrip control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a transaction variant for transaction PPDPIM. It is my intention to hide all tabs on the second screen of the transaction except for one. This is working. However, I find that my results are as follows:

1. The tab I have left as visible is, in fact, visible. All others are invisible. This is good and what I want.

2. For the one visible tab, the subscreen contains the structure/information found on the DEFAULT tab (which is not the same as the chosen visible tab). This is bad.

It would seem that somewhere in the application the default tab is being set and somehow overriding the transaction variant. Has anyone found a solution to this type of problem?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Actually you must have not defined the subscreen variant correctly. SAP screens are quite complex. Check in SHD0 again if you have defined all the screen variants correctly.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

I have used the "Invisible" checkbox on the subscreen screen variant as the only configuration. I marked this check box for 5 of the 6 tabs with outcome as outlined in my first message.

If I include the "default" screen (giving me two visible screens) then both screens display properly. This does not seem consistent.

Has anyone had a similar problem who can give me some constructive suggestions?

Thanks