Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shading Individual Cell(s) or Line(s) in a Table or Template of a Smartform

Jimmy21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I want to shading only my header table. I found this tuttorial Shading Individual Cell(s) or Line(s) in a Table or Template of a Smartform but not working for me, I don´t know my mistake.

When I do this, my table is painted only the blue color.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

If i am getting you concern correctly , you need to Shade only the HEADER area only of the Table not the line item area

To do so , please follow the below process :

1. Create a TEMPLATE above your Table . This template would be same WIDTH size as your Table is . Put the same Partition of Template as you have in your Table.

2. Create the text element(texts) in template which is need as in Header part and put the header text in each column of template as it required to show as in header. Do not put the line item in template , keep them in Table only

3. Shade the complete Template . This will be show as exact replicate the header detail of Table in Template .

4. Now remove the Header items from the Table and execute the Smartform.

Reason to use the template is ;

a) To do shading in Table it will Shade the complete table ( Header , Main Area & Footer ) .

b) To put header part in Template will fix the Header values , since Header values will be same for all line items ( like ITEM NO, PRODUCTNAME  , DESCRIPTION etc)

Please take a note you can adjust the TEMPLATE HEIGHT so that it can attach with you below table.

Let me know if you need any more help on this

Thanks

Romit Raina

3 REPLIES 3

deepak_sharma_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the Line type assignment for header.

Click on CABECERA , Under the OUTPUT Options tab , check the Line type assigned.

Do the same for the Main Area(LINEA_DATOS).

Thanks

Deepak

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

If i am getting you concern correctly , you need to Shade only the HEADER area only of the Table not the line item area

To do so , please follow the below process :

1. Create a TEMPLATE above your Table . This template would be same WIDTH size as your Table is . Put the same Partition of Template as you have in your Table.

2. Create the text element(texts) in template which is need as in Header part and put the header text in each column of template as it required to show as in header. Do not put the line item in template , keep them in Table only

3. Shade the complete Template . This will be show as exact replicate the header detail of Table in Template .

4. Now remove the Header items from the Table and execute the Smartform.

Reason to use the template is ;

a) To do shading in Table it will Shade the complete table ( Header , Main Area & Footer ) .

b) To put header part in Template will fix the Header values , since Header values will be same for all line items ( like ITEM NO, PRODUCTNAME  , DESCRIPTION etc)

Please take a note you can adjust the TEMPLATE HEIGHT so that it can attach with you below table.

Let me know if you need any more help on this

Thanks

Romit Raina

0 Kudos

Like a temporary solution,  I was been created two tables, one for header and the other for the body. Inside the table 1 I created a row and I painted it. Then I copied this row and pasted in my table 2 in the header part. I deleted my table 1 and now it works perfectly.

It's better work with only one table because if the list is big in the next page appears the header table, this does not happen when you use two table.

Thanks Romit.