Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the sender address while using CL_BCS to send emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using CL_BCS without problems to send emails from our R/3 system, but there is one thing that is annoying me. Although I have set the sender address with the SET_SENDER method, I keep getting something like this in the sender field when the email arrives:

"recipient" <ADR31000000001426DV1040@domain.com>

This is what would happen if I put recipient@domain.com. I'm not sure why it splits up the address and inserts the send request number and system/client in instead. So far, I can only think it has something to do with the setup of sapconnect or something similar.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this Blog..

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-higher--bcs-interface

Regards

vijay

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nathan,

Are you using Lotus for sending mails? This issue was well known with Lotus products. Please ask them for help, as far as I know there is resolution.

Best regards,

Dezso

0 Kudos

Yes, Lotus is used, but I hadn't thought that it may be the problem. I'll have to take it up with IBM...

0 Kudos

Hello,

as I thought. I am sure they are the guys who can help you in this case, as the problem is not in the SAP system.

Regards,

Dezso