Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting input mask on particular field on standard SAP screens

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to discover and learn more about concept of setting "input mask" on particular field on standard SAP screen(s).

For example, I plan to setup custom mask for field UNSEZ (Our reference) for program SAPMM06E (ME31K Tcode - header data). Please see screenshot bellow:

https://s15.postimg.io/ih6zqgukr/example.jpg

Cerrently, by SAP default, in that field is possible to add almost ANY value without any input mask which *doesn't* makes any obligation for end-user to enter data in specific format. In my case, custom format for input mask would be "XXX-13-XYYY" where X represents obligatory number which is required, and Y represents number which is not required.

In order to find concept how to achieve this result, I done some google research but after a while, I have am confused should I try to update some ABAP code (via SE80/SE38 or similar for program SAPMM06E), should I use some Field exit (link https://scn.sap.com/thread/814770) or something else?

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Field exit is a way to do it. But, there are plenty of user exits and BADIs in this program, which you may use for validating the field - which I think is a better solution.

Thanks,

Juwin

4 REPLIES 4

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Field exit is a way to do it. But, there are plenty of user exits and BADIs in this program, which you may use for validating the field - which I think is a better solution.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

thank you very much for helpful suggestion!

Since I plan to use this first time, and I wasn't successful using google search, can you please recommend me some tutorial for setting input mask on some field using user exits and BADIs?

Thank you.
Sam

0 Kudos

Any suggestion is welcome;)

With kindest regards.
Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samnovice,

May be you can use BADI ME_CHECK_OA for validating your input data.

Regards,

Yance