Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set long text indicator act in notification

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need you guys help in the following.

I am doing a program to edit and update the long text for the activity in service notification. I use LANGTEXT_ONLY and SAVE_TEXT to show the editor and then save the long text for a particular activity.

Then I notice that the long text indicator for that activity is not set to 'X', if i do it this way. (INDTX in QMMA). Do you guy know what is the func mod to set it? or any other suggestion?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced a similar problem in my current assignment.

One option is to write a BDC for the "Change Notification" transaction which enters the long text screen, does not do any changes and save the notification. This will create the Long Text Indicator in QMMA. However this is a time consuming approach.

2nd option which I implemented was to upload all the long texts using the function module.

Write a custom report to download all the notification numbers having long text from table STXH and set the indicator to "X" using UPDATE statement.

3rd option is to use BDC to create the long text.

I know SAP doesn't recommend direct updates to standard SAP tables but adopting the 2nd option doesn't corrupt the data consistency of notifications.

-Kiran

*Please mark useful answers