Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services For Object & Call Transaction using BDCDATA

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the CALL TRANSACTION functionality.

Let me give you the full background.

We have extended the EBAN table to include a field called ZZPRIORITY. We need to give visibility into this field from the ME57 transaction, so that buyers will know if there are any high priority purchase requisitions outstanding. Rather than doing a modification to ME57, I have written a small report which will tell the user how many high-priority and low-priority purchase requisitions he/she has outstanding.

From this report, the user clicks a line and the report goes to ME57 with the appropriate selection criteria. I have done this using a CALL TRANSACTION USING bdcdata. (using SUBMIT is not a viable option - )

So the basic flow is -

1) User calls transaction ZME57

2) User clicks on Priority Purchase Requests

3) User is taken to the ME57 list of outstanding requisitions.

4) User double clicks a requisition and is taken to ME52N to process the requisition.

Here is my problem. When I use my custom transaction (ZME57) to get to the purchase request, the menu path "Services For Object" is greyed out once you reach ME52N. If you use the standard tcode (ME57), that menu path is not greyed out once you reach ME52N.

I have tried including the OPTIONS FROM ctu_params and specifying:

ctu_params-nobiend = 'X'.

But that doesn't seem to help. The only way I can seem to get that menu path to be available is if I CALL TRANSACTION without using the bdcdata table.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem may not be due to CALL TRANSACTION.

Before you click on the requisition, go into debug mode. After you get into the requisition program look at the SY structures. See if either the program name or transaction code is actually your custom development.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem may not be due to CALL TRANSACTION.

Before you click on the requisition, go into debug mode. After you get into the requisition program look at the SY structures. See if either the program name or transaction code is actually your custom development.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I just ran your test. Neither field shows custom values. When I double click, sy-tcode is ME57 and sy-repid is RM06BL00. Once it gets into ME52N, sy-tcode is ME52N and sy-repid is SAPLMEGUI.

Thanks

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think I'm going to open an OSS message because it seems to me that using "ctu_params-nobiend = 'X'" to turn batch input off after the session is complete should do so completely, not just partially.