Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending the mail from distribution list

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide information/help on the following:

Is it possible to send the mail to external recipients from distribution list ?

Karol

6 REPLIES 6

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A distribution list is, by definition, something that is sent to.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can define a distribution list and send an email to the people defined in this distribution list. It has already been asked and answered many times in the forum.

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

The question is not sending to DL. I want to send the mail from group of people so If i got such a mail i could replay to group of people. Ths is the requirement

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

The question is not sending to DL. Maybe my explanation was not detail. The requirements is to send the mail from group of people so If I will get such a mail I would like to replay to this group of people.

Thank you for advise and input.

former_member383831
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe my explanation was not details.

There requirements is to send the mail from group of people (user1, user2).

M/

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's always only 1 sender, but the "from" field could be used to indicate more of them, according to RFC5322. I think that BCS doesn't support the "from" field, but I'm not expert.

rfc5322 (ietf.org):

• 3.6.2. Originator Fields
  • The originator fields of a message consist of the from field, the sender field (when applicable), and optionally the reply-to field. The from field consists of the field name "From" and a comma-separated list of one or more mailbox specifications.