Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending materials/customer numbers through IDOCs by omitting leading zeroes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you know of any method of sending materials/customer numbers through IDOCs by omitting leading zeroes and Without UE changes.

Please let me know if you have any pointers

Thank you in Advance

Ofcourse helpful answers will be rewarded with points!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have conversion exits to remove the leading zeroes from a material number or even add leading zeroes to a material number.

Below are the conversion exits

CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_RANGE_I Conversion Exit MATN1, External Range -> Internal Range

CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_RANGE_O Conversion Exit MATN1, Internal Range -> External Range

Regards,

Farheen.

0 Kudos

Farheen,

How do you assign the Conversion Exit in the Business rule?

Best regards,

Brian

vijayanandpaul_puvvula3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

Normally such translations can be handled very easily in the middleware if the Idocs are passing through a middleware such as SAP PI.

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos

HI Vijay, there is no middleware, the system is sending an IDOC directly from SAP to a software called Power pick global. It interprets the materials with leading zeros or without, but not both. So we have a mixture of materials 008-010 and 12345 (000000000000012345). I want to drop the leading zeros on the numeric material when the IDOC leaves or is generated.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Keep a break point at the FM - MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. This will get triggered when the IDOC is generated. Find a suitable exit(which would be present) when the data is getting populated.

Apply the conversion exit stated above and exclude the leading zero's.

Regards,

Rupesh R. Nair