Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Mail to the schedular of Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have a scenario where a backround job is scheduled by the user and an idoc is sent to XI from background.

We need to send a mail at the end of pocess to the user who scheduled the job.

Can u tell me how can I retreive the username of the user who scheduled the background job from within the job.

Regards,

Tarun bahal

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help!!

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a option for the Spool List Recipient while scheduling the job.

Go to SM36

Here you will find a button for "Spool List Recipient"

Specify the user name for the receipient.

Regards

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thanx

But we want to send a notificvation to the creator of the background job by default.

in future we do want to use sm36 and create transactions which will in turn schedule the job in background.

so does anyone know the tabvles where the details of the background jobs are stored.

can i use table TBTCO. but how do i find out the job name from withion the job,.

Regards

0 Kudos

If you creating the job from the program using the FM JOB_OPEN, JOB_CLOSE; than it would be more easy to send the notification back to the receipient.

JOB_CLOSE FM has the parameter RECIPIENT_OBJ which will accept the Receipient details.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

If i am not wrong then the user name entered in the receipient field gets a notification containing the spool list.

in the current scenario no spool is generated but an IDOC is created. and an email had to sent stating that IDOC has been processed to an external mail.

0 Kudos

solved