Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending appointment from ABAP to Outlook

yes_sapteam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way to send appointment request to Outlook from SAP (ABAP).

I know how to send Email from SAP to Outlook with/without attachments using the "SOI1" Function-group, but I don't think (or I didn't find it) that they support Calendar actions.

Does this exist in SAP?

Currently I'm on 4.6c, but we are going into Upgrade project in few months to ECC6.00.

thanx.

ayal.

3 REPLIES 3

yes_sapteam
Participant
0 Kudos

After looking further into the issue I found that you can use either VCS (vCalendar) or ICS (iCalendar) files to do it.

It looks like the ICS file format is easier to use + you can find a doucmentation on this standard (search: iCalendar or ICS file format) writen by MS & Lotus on the web.

I haven't tested it fully yet, only sent it as an attachment from Outlook.

enjoy.

ayal.

Former Member

0 Kudos

Hello,

The mail with the .vcs attach works but i would like send an email with the header like when Outlook send an appointement (you know with the buttons : Accept ....)

Is someone can give me something because i don't find any interesting document or codes .

Thanks.