Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send mail to SAP Inbox to a group of users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is that i have to send mail to SAP Inbox to a group of SAP users. In other words, like how we create groups for external e-mails, is it possible to create a group containg say 4 users. In this case i will specify the group name instaead of typing in all the usernames to send to SAP Inbox,... How do i do this....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create ztable maintaining all the users. select from the data base table as per requirement and send these as the receiver's list. This is how we have done.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create ztable maintaining all the users. select from the data base table as per requirement and send these as the receiver's list. This is how we have done.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I prefer using Distribution list concept for sending group of Users.

Use Tcode: SO23 and create a distribution list. In the list you can specify a User Id or External Address or Position Org Unit etc.

Currently your requirement is for email address, you can choose that option and create all addresses in the folder.

In your report where you need to send the information, call function "SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1".

YOu can specify the subject, description, and In recievers list use Distribution list name..etc.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Ashok

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhraham,

Yes it is possible.

Just create a Districution list(Transaction SBWP or SO23) with all the mail IDs and use any mail sending FMs to send mail to this DL.

U have to populate the receivers like below.

MOVE:c_dlname  TO wa_receivers-recnam,
               c_x       TO wa_receivers-snddr,
               c_x       TO wa_receivers-sndex,
               c_c       TO wa_receivers-recesc.
          APPEND wa_receivers TO i_receivers.

Other coding is same

Thanks,

Vinod.