Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Business Object Instance as Attachment in SAP mail

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is something like this. I would like to send out a mail to user with a Sales Order Display as an attachment. I did go through some of the documentation that all specifies sending lists, Office Documents as attachments but not Business Objects. Anyone having any idea in acheiving this. If there is any coding associated with that then I would be happy if I could get that too as I am working on a tight timeline.

Best Regards,

Sudhindra

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhindra,

Please clarify if you are mailing to external mail address or intermail address.

If it is internal mail (SAP office), you can set WORK Flow objects to navigate from mail content to Business Objects (like Sales ord etc).

Regards,

Manohar

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I am using the internal SAP mail. Infact I am using this to notify a user for deadline monitoring so would require the Instance of the Business Object to be displayed to the SAP User. How can we set the workflow Objects to navigate from the mail content. I would appreciate if you could provide me a solution.

Best Regards,

Sudhi

0 Kudos

Sudhi,

I am not sure if there is a way to attach an object to a deadline message. All you can define for a DL is the text of the message. You can navigate to the objects in the parent task though. You do that by displaying the DL message then navigate to the Monitored Work Item and click on Available objects tab. You can also try to attach the object to the task itself and see if it is carried to the DL message.

Just did a quick check and there doesn't seem to be a way to attach an object to a workitem in background. And also attachments are not carried to the DL notification. Therefore the only way I know of is as mentioned above to display from the parent WI!!

Cheers,

Ramki.

Message was edited by: Ramki Maley

0 Kudos

Use function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 to achieve this kind of a scenario.

Cheers,

Sudhi

0 Kudos

Looks like you found the solution yourself. I am interested in knowing how you would use this function in a normal workflow deadline (not modeled) message which is triggered by report RSWWDHEX.

Thanks,

Ramki.