Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection for execution of report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i had modified a report in which i had added 2 fields and it is working fine but my client new requierment is that they want it a single code that befor execution at selection it should ask whether to display the data with same fields as it was previous and 2nd one is to display it with the new fields with same data.

It is a ALV Report in which i dont know how to display it.

Plzz provide me guidelienes for it as help will definately rewarded.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can provide 2 radio buttons on seklection screen

one for previous o/p

other for new o/p with 2 new fileds...

in the prgram based on the radio button selected include these fields in the field catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use 2 radio buttons as the user input and use two structures to display your outputs. Based on the user selection u can provide the structure name is parameter i_structure_name of the FM set_table_for_first_display for the alv output.

Hope it helps.

Anju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swati and anju,

actually it is a ALV Report ,is there any requierment that i should declare all the forms and events which was used before or it can be performed for both ways ,plzz do tell me about this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Any perform that uses the new columns need to be created while the others would still work fine.

Anju

0 Kudos

Hi,

As told above you can give a radio button option in the selection screen.. and the only change required is in field catalog.

If option2 is selected means do not populate the new 2 fields. NO need to declare new structure with 2 added fields, or 2 events or subroutines. everything will be taken care

0 Kudos

hi,

can u provide example of it.

0 Kudos

hi,

declare 2 radio-buttons as Cynthia mentioned.

PARAMETERS: P_RB1 RADIOBUTTON GROUP G1,

P_RB2 RADIOBUTTON GROUP G1.

populate the field catalog.

if P_RB1 = 'X'.

call the first alv

elseif P_RB2 = 'X'.

add 2 more field to the catalog and then display using alv

endif.