Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select-options character lenght

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Please let me know is it possible to increase limit of maximum character avaliabilty of select-options from 45 to a higher value ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

no..it's not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge visible length is 45 charcters ,but you could type what ever you want ,i mean depend upon field length.

Other way you can call subscreen with in selection-screen,there you can maintain visible length.

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF SCREEN <scrn> AS SUBSCREEN

[NO INTERVALS]

[NESTING LEVEL <n>].

SELECTION-SCREEN END OF SCREEN <scrn>.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Try the following code. The visible length on the screen is less than 45 but when you focus the field, it shows the 45 characters in it. Here, the low field is 50 char wide and assigned a 50 char value but on the screen it shows 18 chars without scrolling and if the cursor is moved on the field, it shows the 45 char value as a 'tool-tip'.

See below:

data: char50 type char50.

SELECT-OPTIONS:
S_BLDATE FOR char50 OBLIGATORY VISIBLE LENGTH 45 "visible length can be set
         DEFAULT  '12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890'. "50 chars

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created selection screen as a subscreen . But I couldnt change field visible lenght although I decrease nesting level up to 0 .

Short dump raised : GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED_RANGE