Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security upgrade with Enhancement pack 4 on ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps you already know SAP is prompoting upgrade via Enahncement packs

so we have upgraded ECC6 with Enhancement packs 4 and now that we have doen this , if you want to create a role in PFCG this prompts tp peform steps 2A to 2C in SU25

my question is

1.Did any one upgrade to EPH4 on ECC6

2.If you did , did you perform the steps ( 2A to 2C in SU25)

3.And also if you perform 2A and 2B , does this already write entires in PFCG ?

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

> 1.Did any one upgrade to EPH4 on ECC6

-->not me

> 2.If you did , did you perform the steps ( 2A to 2C in SU25)

--> 2A-C shall be executed after any SP implementation to get the changes from SAP into your tables/roles....

> 3.And also if you perform 2A and 2B , does this already write entires in PFCG ?

-->no

only 2C, but after you have run 2A,2B, youll get your authorizations updated in your roles the next time you use the merge-authroizations function in PFCG

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Please note that I have not been involved in a situation where upgrades are being done via enhancement packs. However, I have run SU25 couple of times during my course of work.

If you are being prompted to run SU25 --> 2A-2C then there may be some changes to USOBT and USOBX which SAP would like you to consider.

As to how SU25 works, I would suggest you do a quick search of the forum / google and you should have several articles to help you. SAP ADM 940 is also a good source.

- Avinash

0 Kudos

Well Thanks to you all

Will discuss the option with our security manger and will run the necessary steps

Best Regards

Mark