Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The field LAND1 present in T005S has been provided with search help. Now i want to know the method by which the search help is provided for this field.

If anyone know abt this please share ur knowledge wit me.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Just got to the table and double click in the dataelement of LAND1 , double click on the domain name, and double click on Value Range tab and check for the Value table in the bottom. All the search help values for Land1 are from that table.

Here the value table is T005.

You need to assign the value table for any field in the value table in the domain -> value table.

Regards,

Chandra Sekhar

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for ur help.

I got my work done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the below links will help you.

Thanks,

Khushbu.

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

In this case value table is doing the trick. U can assign the value table in domain of the data element used for that field.

In this case data element and domain name are same i.e. LAND1. If u see this domain u can see value table T005. So when u press F4 values from T005 table are displayed in popup.

If u want to assign search help to any field for example to some Ztable field. Then do like this.

Create the search help u want in SE11 and activate it.

Now come to ur table. Place the cursor on the field u want to assign the search help.

Menu=>Goto=>Search help=>For field.

In this popup give the search help name u have created. Enter and activate. It will be assigned to ur field.

U can reuse the standard search helps as well.

H_T005_LAND in this case.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Vinod.