Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem in our newly upgraded system (4.7). All Standard SAP search helps are not working. For example in MM03, when we press F4 and search using sales org, it doesn't find a hit although we know there should be. The sales org's last character was truncated and it is apparent when we press the multiple selection button (colored tree) that the last character is truncated. It happens on all search field we use.

I already debugged SAP's source code and the truncation occurs when an RFC function returns what was entered in the search entry field already truncated. The actual function call 'DP_GET_CLIENT_TABLE45A' RFCDES 'SAPGUI', can be found within function 'DP_GET_STREAM_FROM_FRONT' (LCNDPU37). I suspect that this happens due to character conversion but my Basis guy told me we don't have Unicode enabled on the back-end. How do I check if the front-end (SAPGUI) I am using is Unicode enabled?

Has anybody encountered similar problem? Any ideas to resolve our problem?

Thanks in advance,

Baldwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had faced a similar problem. This is a known problem and you need to download a patch from SAP for this.

-Kiran

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the uni-code enable or not in Tr. RZ10/RZ11 .. Searach for paramter uni-code .

Did you look at OSS notes for search help ?

Thanks

Saquib Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had faced a similar problem. This is a known problem and you need to download a patch from SAP for this.

-Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Could you tell me which OSS/patch I need to download from SAP? I already searched OSS and haven't found anything that matches this issue.

Thanks again,

Baldwin

0 Kudos

The patch name is GUI640_18-10001615.exe

Our basis team had downloaded it from SAP. I just know the patch name. Hope it helps.

-Kiran

0 Kudos

Please award points and close the thread if your problem is solved.

Thanks, Kiran

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. We d/l the latest patch and it solved the problem.