Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCW in SAP Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In SAP Security we have a tool called SCW.

In security we have tables for example AGR_1252, in this table we organize elements for authorization.Some fields will be updated.

Now, we are importing this data into an excel sheet and we are embedding this excel sheet into SCW tool.To embed this excel we have to undergo so many operations open, look up, save, refresh etc. Its take lots of time to embed one excel sheet into SCW tool as ours is a support project, the inflow of tickets is more than expected.

So, we came up with an idea -

Every time our security consultant updates a table then some action in ABAP should take place, by that the excel file should automatically gets embed in the SCW tool.

Could anybody suggest how this can be achieved.

If any more clarifications needed pls. put a word.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, your question is not very precise: so, you mean that each time an administrator changes a role (AGR_1252), you need to send it to SCW tool in a given Excel format, and you want to know how to do it!

I don't how you can execute automatically custom code when user saves the role (aren't there some answers in the forum?).

But you can at least schedule the job every hour for example.

I guess your excel file is in CSV or tab delimited format. Could you tell us what you can't achieve?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, i need some automatic functionality like background jobs when ever administrator updates the table.

Currently, we are updating the table, then importing the table(records displayed) into CSV format and then embedding that CSV format in SCW tool.

If any procedure to automate this process like after updating the tables the CSV format should get saved in the SCW tool for every 2 hrs.

Could you pls. help me in this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I don't know what to say as you don't ask a precise question. Are you looking for a software which interfaces SAP with SCW, or for somebody who has developed the interface and would like to share? Otherwise, if you want to develop it by yourself, the forum can't help as it is only here to answer precise questions.

0 Kudos

HI,

OK, my straight question is if there is any existing interface pls. share with me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I'm sure if there is such an interface, you could find out directly at the company that provides SCW. If you know the name of the vendor, you could search SDN which would tell you (probably) whether this tool is SAP certified - if it were, you might get lucky with an interface.

Sadly, my experience tells me, that most of the 3rd party products that claim to make 'Security Easy' have no interfaces (at least not to the various SAP releases still out there in the market) - but still, why don't you approach the vendor and ask for such a thing?

Before you start investigating the possibility of developing such a tool all by yourself, let me tell you that you might be better off with what SAP standard has to offer when it comes to adjusting roles.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by: Mylène Dorias on Apr 27, 2010 1:06 PM

-

-

ETA:

maybe it helps if you google for win.shut.tle (sorry for the fullstops in that word, but I ran into an issue with the forum software otherwise) - that seems to be a piece of software automising Excel downloads and uploads.