Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREEN PAINTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

suppose i have a i/o field ........ and the name corresponding to this i/o field does not exist in the dictionary ......... then how can i access the field in the screen flow logic module like status module or user command module

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field name doesnt need to belongs to dictionary. You only need a field with the same name in the program and the data will move between the program and the screen in the PBO and PAI, in explicit FIELDS statement or at the end of the PBO/PAI if no FIELDS statement use these fields.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field name doesnt need to belongs to dictionary. You only need a field with the same name in the program and the data will move between the program and the screen in the PBO and PAI, in explicit FIELDS statement or at the end of the PBO/PAI if no FIELDS statement use these fields.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

you can get the Status as per cursor value of the field. so there is no need of dictionary reference.

by using HIDE, GET CURSOR command you can get the status.

if i am not understood your requirement then Can you paste your code. then we will get clarity.

Regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The i/o field and its name need to be exist in data dictionary.

Data declaration should be done for screen i/o field name in your program.

Then u can access the screen fields

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks raymond that solved my problem ......... but can you do me a favour ............ do u have any PDF's regarding screen painter then please post the link in the next reply