Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling custom BDC report as a job....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to generate a background Job for a custom BDC ABAP report.

I am going to transaction SM36, entering name of Job -> Job class as 'C' -> enter.

But after I provide name of the program, it also has a field called variant. What do I enter there ?

Is it that I need to create some varaiant for my BDC report ? How do I do that ?

Also how do I schedule this job which I created ?

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variant is not mandatory field. For example if ur BDC report is having some selection screen and if u want to get some data from it, save that data as a variant in the program and use that in SM36.

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Create a Varinat for your BDC program, if you have a selection-screen and provide that varinat here. else, you can go ahead for background.

<u><i>Also how do I schedule this job which I created ?</i></u>

Once you enter the program name,variant click on SAVE button in the same screen.

Then come click on <b>Start Condition</b>, click on DATE/TIME button>enter the scheduling date/time>click on Periodic values and select monthly/daily ect.-->save.

Pls mark the helpful answers.

Thanks

Eswar

0 Kudos

After I click on start condition and set job class as A, I set immediate and save.

But I do not see any master data created.

What do I need to see if this job is executed or not.

0 Kudos

Go to SM37 and check the job name and its status

Former Member
0 Kudos

To see status of Job in SM37 when I click on execute after inputting Job name, Job status(all selected), and user name, it says nothing found, but I am sure I processed the job in SM36 with immediate condition....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I assume that you have a variant for your program.

Follow these steps.

1) Goto SM36

2)Enter Job Name and Job Class. Then Save it. (Goto Job-->Save(Ctrl + S) in Menu bar).

3) You will get a popup.

In program values enter ABAP program and Variant name.

Save it.

4) Now goto SM37.

Job status all selected.

Execute.

5)You will find your Job created. <b>Check it</b>.

6)Press CtrlShiftF10 (Release Job)

Immediate. Save again.

Done..

Regards,

<b>AS</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if ur program has a selection screen then press f8 the program,the selection screen appears on the menu bar go with execute button,select execute in background.

a pop up window appears specify the time and date press save and check.

ur job is scheduled.go to sm37 to monitor ur job.

Thanks,

Satya