Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scat issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how i can migrate a scat..?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to migrate a Scat( Test Case) from 4.6 to ECC 6.0..?

is it possible...?

if yes....please tell me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

During an upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0. From what I see so far, the situation is as follows:

• You can't record a new CATT (transaction SCAT) in 6.0

• You can't change an existing CATT (created in an earlier version using transaction SCAT

• You can migrate a CATT to be come an eCATT (from transaction SECATT)

• You can then make changes to the migrated (e)CATT

• You can't record eCATTs either

To me it seems that CATTs have lost their value as macro like tools that I've seen them used as all the time. Looks like we'll have to revert to LSMW for that purpose - unless I've missed something.

I would be most grateful if anyone had any information to add there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ankesh,

thanks for all your information...

please tell me how i will solve my issue...is there any other solution..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CATT is no longer supported in 6.0, but eCATT (transaction SECATT)is.

U can use SECATT instead of CATT or eCATT in ECC6.0

There is a good blog under this link:
<a class="jive_macro jive_macro_blogpost" href="" __jive_macro_name="blogpost" modifiedtitle="true" __default_attr="41618"></a>

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ankesh..........for all the information.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Calling transaction SECATT you find the migration function within menu eCATT Object -> Migrate CATT

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

yes Uwe,

i tried that what u suggested ...but thing is where i have to down load the scat...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once yo go to the 640 kernel, you can no longer create CATT scripts, but can still execute them. In 620, you could still create them but they suggest was to begin using eCATT.

eCATT is accessed thru transaction SECATT. eCATT is significant change from CATT. To start with, functionality no exists to allow you to capture/record popup screens that CAT could not. For example, if you wanted to enter transaction into the menu via the popup within PFCG for role creation, CAT couldn't deal with the popup screen. With eCATT it can, thoug in a funky way (at least I think so).

The TCD record in CATT is still in place within eCATT, but with different look and feel. There is also a SAPGui TCD record ( think that's what it's called) that looks to produce XM (actually, I think underlying it is all XML, but that is just guess).

eCATT is broken now into three areas. The primary two you nee are the "Test Script" and the "Test Configuration" which betwee them provide the basic CATT functionality. One hint which have never found documented, and that if you use something lik an Excel spreadsheet (ie. delimited), the first column now MUS CONTAIN a unique identifier (ie. variant). It can be anything but it must be unique or else it will not work. In CATT, th first column could be left blankk. The rest of the data recor layout is the same. Also, the data file upload from workstation (ie. the delimited data file) functionality did no exist in 620, but does in 640.

My advise - start with a simple transaction. Read the hel files, and search Google for ecatt which will yield a couple o example documents. Create your test script first, then move o to the test configuration.

eCATT is very powerful, and flexible, but a bear to learn.