Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPconnect send doesn't work in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done all the configuration for SAPconnect for method INT, and can successfully send external e-mails by executing RSCONN01 in the foreground. However, when we schedule the job under the same user id, we get an error message "Cannot transfer message to node MAIL due to RFC error". The rfc connection for the node MAIL seems to be working ok, foreground processing is working and Test Connection for the rfc works. What setting are we missing to allow this to process in background?

Thanks,

Jeff Mathieson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this program it calls a function module SX_OBJECTS_SEND and this error message is there only once when it retries to connect and send. There is a parameter setting on the node definition that says retry hour and retry minute. Check those values.

Other than that I cannot think of any reason.

Srinivas

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user have background execution authorization? Try setting up the job with a user id that has all the permissions to see if it is an authorization issue.

0 Kudos

Yes, I actually used my id for both foreground and background which has authorization to set up and execute background jobs.

0 Kudos

Did you ever figure out what was causing this to not successfully run in the background? I am having the same problem where SAPconnect runs fine in dialog but it fails to send out the jobs when it is scheduled in the background.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem here too.

Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Thanks,

Dieter Waelkens

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this program it calls a function module SX_OBJECTS_SEND and this error message is there only once when it retries to connect and send. There is a parameter setting on the node definition that says retry hour and retry minute. Check those values.

Other than that I cannot think of any reason.

Srinivas