Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard program

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

is there any possible sap standard function module starting with Zname

i have few Z function modules it is an include program of standard pgm starting with Lname

when i am trying to make changes for this program its asking for access key

when open L& Z named program.in both conditions it opens

z function module only

plz give me any valid reason why we use this

thanks in advance

regards

soorya

7 REPLIES 7

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the function module..can you tell me..

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soorya,

I think you are looking at an Include which has a program (Zprogram). This is actually an User exit. double click on the Zprogram it will ask for create new object give create and you can write your code in there.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

i dont think there is any such function module which starts from the z*, yes only custom function modules starts from the zname, if your z function module not allow you to do the changes then you might not have authorize to change that, so it is asking for the access key.

you have not mentioned the function module name, so it would be tough to give you the close solution.

thanks

mrutyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

check ur USER ID , If it is registered as a DEVELOPER ID or not ? If not u will get this kind of Porbs.

to register DEVELOPER ID logon to SERVICE.SAP.COM and get the Access Key. This is one TIME Process.

Regards

Prabhu

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soorya

SAP sets restrictions for the valid names of function modules beginning with Z: the customer namespace is Z_*.

If you try to define a function module where the second sign is not "_" then SAP will give you a warning. However, you can ignore this warning (but should not. Instead, name your function module Z_*...).

The reason is that SAP has developed (I guess in their early days) many function modules named Z*.

Simply search (in SE37) for function modules with "Z" and exclude "Z_".

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

this is the fm name

Z_DISP_SEQUENCE_GET

regards

soorya

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Really Good finding.