Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i need to get the long text for field vbrp-arktx in my form. For this i think i need to call the function module READ_TEXT . i think i need to use structure rstxt here to pass parameters to the FM.

My problem is i cannot find any link between table vbrp and rstxt. so how can i proceed to do the same. I hope u got my problem. Please help me its urgent.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just goto that Field, that field will have the Long text, then there would be a button, if you click(In change mode ) that, then a line editor will be open, then GOTO --> Header, here all the options will be there which you need to pass the fields to READ_TEXT function module.

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VBRP-ARKTX stores the Material Short Description.

This you can print as it is in the script. Take VBRP-MATNR and get it's long text.

Generally Material Long texts are maintained in Material Master only.

Use READ_TEXT fun module to fetch the Long text by passing OBJECT, ID, OBJECTNAME and LANG fields

No need to join the table VBRP-ARKTX and RSTXT.

If you have them in Billing document also, then go to the Long text field double click on it, GOTO-> Header displays all the above 4 parameters and pass them in the fun module and get it.

Include them in the Script using the INCLUDE statement

reward if useful

regards,

Anji