Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script to AL11 (FTP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can a SAPScript be FTPed to unix server (AL11)?

Thanks,

aeterminator

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you be more specific on your requirement. How do you want to FTP, as SAP script output can be converted into any output format and they can be FTP'ed through any program or direct update in AL11. Please be more specific.

Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I want to transmit a SAP Script invoice to a FTP server, is it possible to maintain the format of the script.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Other System dont not understand the OTF format (That spools use). So you can Convert this OTF format to PDF format (using FMs CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF, CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF or Ref Program RSTXPDFT4) and you can FTP the PDF file. Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are calling the SAP script using an custom driver program, please use the spool output and convert that into PDF and store it in AL11. If you are calling it using some standard transaction, then output the message and write a dummy program to convert that spool number into PDF and use that to store it in AL11.

Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil,..

I uploaded the file on Unix server using CG3Z and downloaded it back by T-code CG3Y,..The images were not re-created. Can you please help me with this one

0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean the images were there when you upload and it is not there while you get it back from CG3Y?. That is strage, please explain the process how you implemented this.

Regards

senthil.

0 Kudos

I uploaded a PDF invoice by T-code CG3Z and downloaded it by using CG3Y, images present in the invoice previously was not displayed in the file downloaded..

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me which file extn you give when you upload. If you are not BIN, please use this type and let me know if it is still not working.

Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

I used BIN mode only..

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help me to solve the issue.

I am unable to get logo/images (re-construct the complete form) when I download the file from AL11 to my local machine.

Although I get the complete invoice if I download it directly from the program (But I need to send the same invoice to AL11 also.)

currently I am converting OTF to PDF and then writing (the PDF internal table) it in AL11 in binary mode (write dataset)

Thanks in-advance.

0 Kudos

Hi

How do you download the pdf?

Max

0 Kudos

Using T-code CG3Y in binary mode....