Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Performance Testing tools other than Loadrunner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know is this right thread to raise this question.i am in the process choosing the performance testing tool other than Loadrunner .

Can anybody share some comparative information regarding following tools.IBM RPT,WORKLOAD,WEBLOAD.

Have anybody used these tools. i am having requirement and my manager is asking other than loadrunner.

Thanks .

Swapnil.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 10, 2010 12:40 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

performance of what?

There are lots of tools

Load runner does not test performance it only measures performance!

ABAP trace measures all ABAP processing in very detail

ST05 has 4 traces (SQL, RFC, Enqueue, Buffer)

SQL trace measures database performance in very detail with a lot of additional information for improvement

the others measure RFCs, enqueues, and buffer

Code Inspector can find performance problems already in the source code

There are tools which include the frontend, I have no overview what is available to you.

There are of course also tools for Java

Siegfried

5 REPLIES 5

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

performance of what?

There are lots of tools

Load runner does not test performance it only measures performance!

ABAP trace measures all ABAP processing in very detail

ST05 has 4 traces (SQL, RFC, Enqueue, Buffer)

SQL trace measures database performance in very detail with a lot of additional information for improvement

the others measure RFCs, enqueues, and buffer

Code Inspector can find performance problems already in the source code

There are tools which include the frontend, I have no overview what is available to you.

There are of course also tools for Java

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey friend,

Thanks for your help, basically i know about all ST t-codes for performance measurement , but main aim is to do load as well as performance testing.Ibelong ; Performance center of excellence , we evaluate the tools and recommend the clients to buy depending on the requirement of project . We refered the loadrunner but managers asking other than loadrunner ,or that reason i am in need of other tools experiences , from people who used these tools.

Again i appreciate your help , expects some information regarding tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got some hint...

thanks for the help

0 Kudos

I didn't get it. How can we load on SAP GUI using ST tcodes? can you plesae explain it?

0 Kudos

You can also look at the latest performance testing tools available in this article. Most of them are new and support SAP applications. With the current cloud model, some of these tools are readily available in the cloud which makes it much more easier to use.