Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to display a paragraph (only text) in the main window after the line items are written . How do i do this ??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are different ways of doing it. It all depends on how flexible you want to be about a solution.

1. You can create a standard text (transaction SO10) and in your sapscript insert the INCLUDE statement with the name of your text.

2. Or if your document supports texts at the header level then you can create a new text type and have a user to type it in. In your sapscript you will need to insert the INCLUDE statement as well. You can even set a default text for this new text type to get it from the standard text (created in 1.)

In both cases you will need to create a new Element in MAIN window of your sapscript:

/E SPECIAL_INSTRUCTIONS

INCLUDE &MY_NAME& OBJECT ... etc.

and call this element from within the print program after the items have been processed. There must be a kind of loop in the program to go through all the items. Insert your WRITE_FORM FM after that loop.

Thanks,

Wojtek

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

reshmi,

what output type are we talking about here? ALV? list processing? SAPScript/SmartForms? your statement is too vague to help us help you with.

ryan.

0 Kudos

Sorry i forgot to mention the output is SAP Script. In the MAIN Window i need to write a para on Special Instructions. I do not want to just type the entire para in the editor , can we create a standard for the same ??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are different ways of doing it. It all depends on how flexible you want to be about a solution.

1. You can create a standard text (transaction SO10) and in your sapscript insert the INCLUDE statement with the name of your text.

2. Or if your document supports texts at the header level then you can create a new text type and have a user to type it in. In your sapscript you will need to insert the INCLUDE statement as well. You can even set a default text for this new text type to get it from the standard text (created in 1.)

In both cases you will need to create a new Element in MAIN window of your sapscript:

/E SPECIAL_INSTRUCTIONS

INCLUDE &MY_NAME& OBJECT ... etc.

and call this element from within the print program after the items have been processed. There must be a kind of loop in the program to go through all the items. Insert your WRITE_FORM FM after that loop.

Thanks,

Wojtek