Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample coding for creating a function moudle to post the Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am working on Inbound idoc,

Aim : to update the Ztable

I have created the message type , idoc type and the segment type.

For creating an idoc i have used the Function module IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB.

Now for posting the idoc, i need to create the function module, the main aim is to insert record to the Ztable, what should be my input and the output parameters,

Can u provide the sample coding for it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are dealing with a IDOC, the parameters will have to be standard as any other IDOC processing function module. For example take a look at IDOC_INPUT_BANK_CREATE.

You will have to read the data exactly the way the standard code does and the only change will be once you read the data how do you want to handle the data.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are dealing with a IDOC, the parameters will have to be standard as any other IDOC processing function module. For example take a look at IDOC_INPUT_BANK_CREATE.

You will have to read the data exactly the way the standard code does and the only change will be once you read the data how do you want to handle the data.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Please have a look at this

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/78/21750b51ce11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm">SAP Help with sample coding</a>