Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales - revenue

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Once sales order is created and it is revenue recognised we will process the VF44 transaction to do postings in FI. If sales order is fail in posting.

<b>How we could able 2 know and What is error for not posting?</b>

suggest me the possibility's, i need to implement this program for Sales people.

Regards

Suresh Babu Karanam

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you using "call transaction 'VF44'"? If so, you can use the extension "messages into itab" to see the errors from the transaction.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

sergey_korolev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just want to add some info to Rich comment.. Once (in 4.6c) I had to write an user exit to export some internal table of sales order program, as sometimes it displays an error log like a tree structure. The addition <b>CALL TRANSACTION ... MESSAGES INTO</b> can be insufficient in such a case as it returns the error on lack of bdc data for a screen. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact name of the internal table, the name should start with 'c'. Hope this helps.

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rich and sergei,

Thanks for replying. I am not doing Calltransaction for posting. User want to use <b>VF44</b> transaction directly need not necessary to write any program. Now i am making a <b>report</b> which will shows to the user salesorders which are not posted and why (error) so that user can correct the <b>order and try to post again</b>.

Regards

Suresh Babu Karanam

0 Kudos

Just a silly question: how about hitting 'Log'-button (Shift+F2) in VF44 after collective processing (F9)?

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian:

Sorry but our customer wants to do that as program. Again one more question on the same thread. Some times some <b>Lineitmes</b> were not even selected to post by VF44. I need to make a report for 2 situvations.

- sales order items were not processed<b>(some Error)by VF44</b>.

- sales order items were not <b>even selected while VF44</b> try to post into FI.

How can we find out the these 2 things in the sales order.

Regards

Suresh Babu Karanam

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh!

Let's say, a document is locked. Some days later your report should know, there was a lock. I doubt, that these logs are written to database, so you have <b>no chance</b> (even by re-runing the transaction) to gather all log-entries.

Second requirement: why were entries not selected - most probably because they don't match individual select options, or documents aren't far enough in process. So you have to implement a report, which selects all 'not-posted' docs and filter some, which are obviously just created (not delivered,...). But this has nothing to do with VF44.

Looks like you have to explain SAP's transactions and document handling, before you can go into a new process design. If you are lucky, you can find a consultant for this job...

Regards,

Christian