Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollback CALL TRANSACTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my program, I have two subrotines.

In both the subroutines, I have a BDC using call transaction.

Suppose the BDC in the second perform fails, then I want to ROLLBACK the previous BDC.

Please help. Points will be duely rewarded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I know there is no way to this. The only thing you can do is to do another CALL TRANSACTION and reverse the original posting. For example if the first CALL TRANSACTION was FB01 (Financial postings), than you have to do FB08 (Cancel financial posting).

hope this helps

ec

4 REPLIES 4

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I know there is no way to this. The only thing you can do is to do another CALL TRANSACTION and reverse the original posting. For example if the first CALL TRANSACTION was FB01 (Financial postings), than you have to do FB08 (Cancel financial posting).

hope this helps

ec

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible. Once the first BDC ends, it has been commited to the database and you can't roll it back anymore.

Greetings

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check perform on commit.

Regards,

siva chalasani

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible in CALL TRANSACTION method since data would be committed to database once the bdc transaction is completed and you cant rollback from the database.

I would advice to use BAPI , if available instead of bdc since most of the BAPI's can be run in test or simulate mode and if there is no error in test mode, then run BAPI w/o test mode.

Cheers,

Vikram