Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role download / upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

When we download a role or mass down load roles , profile and user assignment does not get copied. so if there are number of roles assign to various users then there will be difficulty after uploading. Is ther any solution or alternate way to this?

Thanks

Vitthal Prabhu

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

When downloading roles, all role data (including the authorization data)

is saved to a file. <b>The user assignment for the role and the generated

profiles for the activity group are not saved. </b>

To prevent inconsistent data, all roles from which this role is derived

are also downloaded to the file.

When downloading composite roles, all the single roles contained in the

composite roles are downloaded as well.

Hope this answers yr querry.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

what you are saying is correct that The user assignment for the role and the generated profiles for the activity group are not saved. I want to know is there any solution to this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do it with transports, then you can choose how it will be imported to the target system.

I can not imagine that the source system where you have your roles have the same users, so usermanagement and adding roles will always be necessary.

You can mass generate profiles, look in the pull down menu at transaction PFCG.

Have fun

Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not very sure, but you can try to develope a ABAP report for this in line of the report PFCG_MASS_DOWNLOAD and include data from tables like AGR_1016 and AGR_USERS. Take help of a ABAPER.

Hope this can throw some light on your querry.

Pl award if rsuitably.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP: A role should be generated after upload. So the profile will be created then!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table AGR_USERS contains the mapping of roles to users. Selective download of this table for the roles in question could be used as the basis for building a fast entry script to assign the role to all required users.

(See the menu path System>Services>Fast entry>Recorder. Set up a recording session for SU01 to record the assignment of the role to one user. Export the recorded script and replicate it many times then replace the userid with the list from AGR_USERS. Import the updated list and process it.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Best way to do this is: add all the roles to a transport. choose the "mass transport of the role option, with the User Assignment". you can them import this to any system.....

Or if you want all the users in this system to be in the other system also, simplly do the client export for user master data.

Let me know if I can help you in something

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Nice discussion going on. Client copy method is the best way if you want all the roles and the users same as from one system to other system.

Regards

Kantikiran