Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rloes and User relationship

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to have roles for every user to create purchase requisition, goods receipt, evaluation.

I know the roles table avialable in SAP which is AGR_AGRS2 and it has all relevant roles defined. But I caouldn't find relationship between user and roles. Can anyone please help me to fix this issue ASAP.

Regards

Ria

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riasen,

Roles are nothing but a <b> set of trnsactions </b>.

for example MM_MATERIAL_MASTER Role,

PP_BOM_CREATE Role ... Etc ..

These are stndard roles delieved with SAP.We can create new roles as well in <b> PFCG </b> Trnx.

If you want an employee to access a particular set of transactions, you have to assign him the particular Role

in his user Profile <b> SU01 </b>.

Or you can assign the User to the ROLE thru PFCG tranx.

For detailed info..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c9/f74b3709e8bb12e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Rgds,

Jothi.

Mark useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ria,

Roles are used to restrict or define more closely the number of recipients according to business considerations.

<b>Benefits:</b>

1. dynamic restriction of the number of possible agents

2. actual organizational plan does not need to be known

3. agents determined according to current conditions (role resolution at runtime)

<b>The definition of a role contains</b>

1. the specification of the rules for role resolution (–> function module), and

2. the specification of the runtime-dependent role parameters required for role resolution.

Role definition, use of roles and role resolution using the role "Superior of…." as an example.

The roles "Manager" and "sap_org_unit" are supplied by SAP.

The roles are assigned to particular set of users or to a single user to access that transaction or task.

E.g:- The role of MANAGER can be assigned to a user and the role of USER is assigned to set of users.

Rgds,

Prakash