Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC with destination, I would like to copy it but don't find it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I do not know if this is the correct forum to ask (if it would be so, please tell me where I should ask it).

I'm in an BI development system looking at a SAP standard class called CL_IGS_CHART which contains the following code in its method SEND:

• send data to IGS

call function 'ExportChartControl' destination cl_gfw=>its_rfc_dest

exporting

width = width

height = height

language = sy-langu

mode = mode

cu_blob_len = cu_blob_len

importing

content_type = content_type

content_length = content_length

tables

content = content

contmap = imagemap

data = igsdata

custom = igscustom

x_labels = labels_category

y_labels = test_table

urls = igsurls

overs = extension

dim3 = igszdata

cu_blob = cu_blob

exceptions

communication_failure = 1 message msg_text

system_failure = 2 message msg_text.

I'd like to know if I can have access to this function because I'm making a copy of this class and think I'd might have to copy this function as well. Anyone knows how to do this (I cannot enter this specific function, not even in SE37).

Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

could be, that the function module is only available in the system you call it, i.e. the function module has to exist in the system you call via destination XXX and not in your BI development system.

Best regards

Stephan

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

you can't find this function as it is provided as part of the IGS. But before digging into the details it would be great to hear why you want to copy this class and what you want to achieve.

Regards, Kai

0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a chart which is influenced by 2 webitems: a checkboxgroup with 13 commodities in it and a dropdown with 3 versions.

Now, in the beginning the charts were only influenced by the commodities, so only the commodities were displayed in the legend that goes with the graph. Now, since the user can select versions as well, it is possible that the legend contains 13x3 items ==> 39 items in the legend (so it went from com1, com2, com3,... com13 to com1v1, com1v2, com1v3, com2v1, com2v2,...., com13v2, com13v3), which makes the legend to big. So I'm asked to make a new Chart item, which only displays the 13 commodities, if 1, 2 or 3 versions are choosen. In the chart it doesn't matter that the colours are the same for the different versions of 1 commodity.

What I already have done so far:

1) changed the text in the legend from com1v1, com1v2,... to com1, com2, com3,... so now in the legend there are 13 different texts at max.

2) made sure that the colours in the chart and legend are equal (so colour com1 in the legend = that from com1v1, com1v2, com1v3).

But now I need to remove the extra labels from the legend. If I change the list in the abap code before calling the function, the legend shows the 13 labels, but also blank labels for the dubble ones that shouldn't be shown.

Just another small note, the number 13 is just the max number of commodities, the user could also select less commodities and less versions at all times.

thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos

Maybe it could be interesting to know as well that I copied the class CL_RSR_WWW_ITEM_CHART first and saw there that a call was made to CL_IGS_CHART where I found out that I could do the changes needed, so I copied that one as well for customization.

This item will be used by a Bex WAD template (so I had to make the correct entrances in the different RSRRENDERER* tables). I noticed as well that the chart designer doesn't seem to work for my custom item, but so far it isn't a big issue (could be one in the future though).

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

thanks for the additional infos!

Have you checked the property 'ShowInLegend' within the Series customizing? If you want to hide entries within the legend just set this property to Never for the corresponding series.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Kai

0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I don't find this option. Where can this series customizing option be found?

thanks,

Tom

--> wait just found it

Message was edited by:

Tom Michta

0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, you are too fast. I already looked for it: you need at least BW 3.5 and a SAPGUI installation from at least last year.

Regards, Kai

0 Kudos

it doesn't seem to do the trick... it's really too bad that it's not possible to copy the function and alter it... I also found out that I cannot change the type of chart (lines, columns,...) of my copy of the chart-webitem... Maybe it's something that cannot be developed.