Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Enabled FM Limitations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to develop an RFC enabled FM. The 3rd party system will call this FM and pass the array of data in a table parameter. We are expecting approx. 30 thousands records. Is there any limitation in terms of volume of data to be passed in an RFC enabled FM?

Thanks,

Edson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edson,

You can very well pass the bulk of data to the function module using tables.

And it is the normal way to call the RFC FM. so dont worry about that.

~ Ramanath.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edson,

I dont think there is any limitation. You can use that method.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Ravi G

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no limitation except the RFC should not time out processing those many records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edson,

There is no restriction regarding the amout of data that you can pass to the RFC FM.

~ Ramanath.

0 Kudos

Thanks guys. In case of RFC time out, we can extend the processing time in SM59. Is that correct?

I checked on some standard BAPIs and I noticed that they are usually passed with one line of record only and not with bulk of data. Do you guys think that passing bulk of data into SAP through RFC enabled FM is just fine? or do we have other better options?

Edson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edson,

You can very well pass the bulk of data to the function module using tables.

And it is the normal way to call the RFC FM. so dont worry about that.

~ Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eds,

No problemo, just go ahead. I have already made an application in VB which calls an RFC in SAP and returns a table with as many as 25,000 rows.

Just go ahead.

Ravi

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem with the no. of records. Go ahead & implement it. If you face any issues, let us know.

0 Kudos

You guys are cool! Points assigned! Thanks.