Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination problem

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one RFC destination of type 3 and tried test connection. it was good. but when i tried remote logon it was asking the user and password again.

So i tried Authorization test. it says name or password incorrect.

but my password and user is 100% correct.

What could be problem.

Ponit ll be awarded for helpful answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test connection just does a ping.

To see what has happened to your login, check the system log of your destination system.

matt

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating rfc destination only u need to give login name and password of the destination server of the rfc, not ur server.

try to give destination server's user name and password and check

0 Kudos

>>>while creating rfc destination only u need to give login name and password of the destination server of the rfc, not ur server

Madhavi i know that RFC destination used to reach one server from some other server.

given the the destination server and its users credentials

0 Kudos

check that userid and password to login on that server Mannually.

May be it is lock.

Sandeep Kaushik

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test connection just does a ping.

To see what has happened to your login, check the system log of your destination system.

matt

0 Kudos

Hi matthew,

Where can i see the system log?

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check target host and its IP address,

give the userid and password with client number of that target host system

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Password may not be the right one or might be expired to access RFC

Contact your Basis person to solve the issue

When you are creating RFC Destination in Production always use System / service user for login.

For the same please contact the BASIS Team, they have userid and password for RFC login for System / service users.

They will create the RFC destination by using this system / service userid

when we are making a login in system by using our userid, the given userid is dialog userid. after a time period the system will ask for password change for this userid.

For making a RFC connection we are using Service userid, for which the password will never change. Only authorised person can change password, the system will not ask for change password. And authorised persons know the problem when they are changing the password for this service userid.

For the details you can contact your BASIS team. They can explain it thorughly.

Reward points if found helpful....

Cheers,

Chandra Sekhar.

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur input Chandra,

i will try with service user.

0 Kudos

if you are on a unicode system, theres often a bug not accepting passwords in lowercase or mixed case. in the recipient, change the password to uppercase and do so in the rfc connection on the sender as well. Maybe this helps. Sorry for not knowing the oss number by heart, but this is a work around to make it fly.