Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination & Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a RFC destination, does the name of it need to be the same as logical system's?

It seems that if I use a different name for RFC destination, error ouccurs after executing BD82, saying something like 'RFC destination is not assigned'.

And in that case, can I create a Port manually and use a different name?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ming Yu,

It depends for which purpose the RFC destination is created. For instance to setup the CUA (Central User Administration) the RFC destination needs to have the same name as the logical systems where it point to.

Otherwise not an obligation example :

To make sure that BD82 is working properly, you have to define in the distribution model all the targets systems, check the settings in BD64 for the object you want to distribute via ALE.

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi, sorry, it's for IDoc use.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ming,

Did you assign the logical system to the client ?

If not assign it using t.code SALE --> Basic settings --> Logical systems --> Assign Logical System to Client.

Also did you try by giving same name in logical system and RFC connection?

Regards,

Thanga

0 Kudos

yes, I did.

And if I don't give the same name to Logical System & RFC destination, BD82 will not correctly executed.

0 Kudos

Did you check the RFC connection in SM59?

By doing the connection test and remote logon.

0 Kudos

Hello Ming Yu,

As I wrote, it depends of the connection you are trying to setup. I mentioned the CUA, also to setup Global Trade Services you need to name your RFC with logical system code.

Alexandre

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.