Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC communication from SAP Frontend to desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am learning about RFC communication from SAP Frontend to our local desktop. I have reached to apoint where in the bin directory I have to register the RFC Server program.. I am unable to find the DEST = ???_R ... how & where do I search for DEST in my SAP system.. Please help

Thank You,

SB.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a RFC destination in SM59..

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

I have done that part ... now in the saprfc.ini file in the bin folder I have to register my rfc server prg ... here I have to give the destination name alongwith underscore R..._R ... How do I find out the DEST name for my system??

0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM59, under TCP/IP(Connection type T), u can find the corresponding destination, take that name and register it.

<i><b>Note:-The destination name is Case-sensitive.</b></b></i>.

Regards:-

<b>Santosh.</b>

P.S Mark usefull answers

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am unable to get it ... can you give me an example...

Thank you,

SB

0 Kudos

Ok, Goto SM59, there u can see TCP/Ip Connection click on the navigate button(+), it will list you all the destination, select your destination and continue.

Regards:-

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this FM..

URL_RFC_DESTINATION_GET. This function module gets the RFC destination for the logical system..

For your system the RFC destination is your logical system...You can get your logical system from the table T000..

If system is DV1 and your client is 100...Then the logical system can DV1100 and RFC destination can be DV1100.

Anyway check the table T000.

Thanks,

Naren

Thanks,

Naren

Rashid_Javed
Contributor
0 Kudos

The following document might help. I found these a great help while I was doing RFC link from SAP to fronend PC.

http://www.kmsec.com/pdf/FILETRANSFER.pdf

or

http://www.kmsec.com/doc/FILETRANSFER.doc

This site is maintained by Kai Mindermann Software Engineering & Consulting GmbH.

You can send a thank you email to them if it solves your problem

RJv

0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

When I press Test Connection it errors & gives a message program "RFCACCESS" is not registered ...

0 Kudos

Thanx