Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Call delivers "<0" in P(13) Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

currently I'm facing a problem I've never had before.

I'm calling a SAP default function module via RFC from our Solution Manager for different SAP systems, which works fine so far. The function module delivers values as P(13) fields. For one SAP system the function module delivers values like '12345<0' instead of '12345'. Does anyone know what the '<0' means and how I can translate the value?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Alexander

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I took a closer look at the used SAP function module 'SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES'. For example parameter TASKTIMES with type SWNCAGGTASKTIMES. The necessary information is stored in field GUITIME for instance.

I'm using this function module for different SAP systems without any problems. Does anybody know why the value include "<0" or how to convert this?

Thank you very much!

best regards

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

why do you have P(13) fields? In our system (SOLMAN, ECC) we have DEC 24 fields.

Do you have different code pages, a UNICODE / NON-UNICODE system mix or other specials in your system landscape?

Please check the RFC connections in SM59, too (look at tab MDM)! Do you see differences between the connected systems there?

Regards,

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Babl on Mar 14, 2011 12:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

thank you for your quick answer!

You're right, it's the same in our SAP System. I first checked the values via ABAP debugger an there all values are displayed as P(13). I also checked the definition of the RFC-destination. I tried unicode and non-unicode without any changes.

best regards

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

Very strange, i am using the same FM in ECC 6 and SolMan and not facing this issue. Also, used FM similar to this in 4.7 and ECC 5, they are all returning values without any special characters.

May be it might be something based on Codepage and the DB System used. I am running this information on,

DB : MSSQL (9.00.3080)

CodePage : 4103

Applicatio server : Windows NT

Regards

Ranganath

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

the problem might occur, if any other field that is transported before via RFC has another lenght on SOLMAN and ECC system.

You can either check the RFC fm directly on its target systems in SE37 test mode to compare a "good" system with your failure system for differences, or you check all data elements of all parameter fields and structures for their domains and field length off all domains to find the difference.

Good luck,

Klaus