Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfbibl00 submission problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem with a submission of rfbibl00 for FB01. I am using a pgm to fill the tables and call rfbibl00 and rsbdcsub. when I check in SM35, the process is in error. when I select the session and click 'Process', and select 'process/foreground' and 'dynpro standard size', the 'post document: header data' screen appears with PG in the transaction code box. There is data in the fields for this screen. when I click the green check box to go to the "enter g/l account document: add g/l account item' screen, none of the fields are filled in with the data that I have sent it. I am having difficulty in figuring out what is going on and I am hoping someone can give me some help on this. I am running my program in debug mode and checking tables and I can't seem to find out what is causing this.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

thanks for the info.

I have done FB01 successfully and also posted the transaction in error for sm35 in forground and that was successful also. I am getting access to the transaction SXDB to see if this helps. I am not sure what to look at next.

29 REPLIES 29

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error message appeared in the original log?

Could you be creating documents with only 1 line item?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I do the "analyze" and check the screens, it looks like there is the data in all of the screens. the messages from the log are as follows

Enter trading partner for each item via "Further data"

No batch input data for screen SAPMF05A 0300

Transaction error

Processing statistics

1 transactions read

0 transactions processed

1 transactions with errors

0 transactions deleted

Batch input processing ended

let me know if you need more info

thanks for helping me on this

0 Kudos

Hi Timothy

I believe you're filling b.i. structures (I suppose BBSEG) in wrong way.

So check your programm perhaps some data is wrong or missing.

It seems Trading Partner is missing: BBSEG-VBUND

Max

0 Kudos

Well, I guess one of the items needs a trading partner. Have you put one on the file?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the informational message to enter the trading partner when I have the PG in the transaction code field. If I remove the PG, the process does not give me the information message about the trading partner. Do you jnow why or where this PG is coming from? also if I do the analyze and check the screens, I see all of the data that I submitted but when do the process and process in foreground, I don't see the data. the functional analyst that I am talking to tells me that when you dothe foreground processing all I should have to do is hit the green check box. all of the data that I used in the process should be filled in on the screens. that's why this is confusing. I see it in the screens on the analyze section but don't see in the foreground processing section.

0 Kudos

The PG in the ok-code field is coming from RFBIBL00. It has analyzed the GL (and/or other settings as well) and determined that you have to have a trading partner on the line item.

Is there a long text for the message?

I'm not sure if the filed is BBSEG-VBUND (Company ID of Trading Partner) as Max suggests or BBSEG-VPTNR (Partner account number)

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

Hi Timothy

RFBIBL00 creates a BI session in according the informations you insert in the BDC structures: usually the flow of the screens and which data are mandatary are based on the G/L (or vendor or customer) account.

So perhaps you're using a G/L account needs trading partner.

While you're filling the BDC structures you always make sure to transfer all data.

U should try to do your posting online by FB01, in this way you can find out all data you need for that posting.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for clearing up the PG thing. I thought it was some overflow from the tables that I was populating. when you say the long text for the message, what message are you talking about? is it the informational message for the trading partner?

0 Kudos

Yes (but it should be an error message).

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another question. I noticed that when you call rfbibl00, you pass a file. does the process read the data from the file to do the FB01 process or from tables.

0 Kudos

I believe it only uses the file, although, it may be using temporary tables for storage. Is that the question you're asking?

It uses a lot of other tables to get information it needs to handle the processing, but the input is from the file.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ran the production version of this program and looked at the file that is generated and it has the same infoamtion that I have. there is not alot of data in the file like gl account and customer number so i assuming that it gets this info from the tables. the entries in the file look like the following. I only included the the first part of the table. there is some other daya associated with each line that I did not send.

0ZCUST-INV

1FB01 08072006DR530008072006

2BBSEG 01/

2BBSEG 50/

I am not sure what to look at anymore. this is getting really confusing.

0 Kudos

Yes - the file is almost 2500 bytes wide and has data in many (but not all) of the fields.

The first 130 bytes or so should look like:

2BBSEG                         50/         //          24053.87 /               /               /               / //               /
2BBSEG                         40/         //          24053.87 /               /               /               / //               /
2BBSEG                         50/         //          15143.03 /               /               /               O7//               /

Where did you get the file?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a spreadsheet containing the data that I need to use to build the transaction.

I got past the trading partner issue. now i am getting messages like

Field BSEG-DMBTR. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300

I have about 13 of these messages. these are the fields that I am adding to the process that we already have in production.

I do not see any thing in this program that tells me any screen names or numbers so i thought that I can just add them to the program and fill the tables and rfbibloo would know what to do with them. If this is not the case, can you please tell me how to correct these errors?

thanks

0 Kudos

What do you mean by "these are the fields that I am adding to the process that we already have in production"?

Have you added fields to BSEG?

In any event, you should do what Max suggested and run FB01 manually and try to enter the data from your spreadsheet. You'll see what other data it needs.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I figured it out. we are extracting records and from a different compnay and loading them into a new compnay. we want to keep the original informatiom (local and group currencies) and not not have the system calculate based on new exchange rates. these are fields that are not part of the fb01 process so I guess they are not part of any screen. I think I have some formatting problems with some dates that I think could be causing some issues. I will correct those and try again.

0 Kudos

Probably best to close this thread then.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have corrected all of the formatting issues and I am still unsuccessful. when I do the "process" on sm35 and step thru the screens, the process will create the document. I have inclueded a snapshot of the screen from sm35. I am not sure what to check next.

09:11:02 Session ZCUST-INV is being processed by user THIXSON in mode N on server sapux075 0 0 S 00 300

09:11:02 Field BSEG-DMBTR. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-VALUT. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZFBDT. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-MABER. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZBD1T. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZBD1P. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZBD2T. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZBD2P. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZBD3T. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZLSPR. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-ZLSCH. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-MADAT. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Field BSEG-MANST. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0300 FB01 1 SAPMF05A 0300 2 S 00 349

09:11:02 Transaction error FB01 1 0 S 00 357

09:11:02 Processing statistics 0 0 S 00 370

09:11:02 1 transactions read 0 0 S 00 363

09:11:02 0 transactions processed 0 0 S 00 364

09:11:02 1 transactions with errors 0 0 S 00 365

09:11:02 0 transactions deleted 0 0 S 00 366

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I run the process in sm35 in foreground, it works but when I run in background, it does not work. Can anyone tell me what the difference would be in foreground verus background.

thanks...

0 Kudos

Hi Timothy

It's not easy to say to you what is wrong in your b.i., how to posting a document depends on your FI customizing.

The log you've listed means all data of an item is missing, but perhaps the error is only you're missing only one data and now the system is trying to do a different posting.

I believe, just as I said before, you should try to do the posting on-line, i.e. directly running FB01 (not by B.I. method), so you can see which data need for your posting.

After you can check your b.i file (for RFBIBL00) by trx SXDB and find the missing data.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

thanks for the info.

I have done FB01 successfully and also posted the transaction in error for sm35 in forground and that was successful also. I am getting access to the transaction SXDB to see if this helps. I am not sure what to look at next.

0 Kudos

Hi

If your b.i. failed in background mode, it has to fail in foreround: when it run in foreground, all error messages are shown like success messages so they don't stop the sessions.

Anyway if you've done FB01 successfully, you should insert all data you've used for FB01 in B.I. structure BBKPF and BBSEG, remember you have to insert 'NO DATA' symbol (generally it is /) in all fields you haven't to use.

So before inserting your data you should fill the structures with /.

Now I don't know which release you're using but in trx SXDA/SXDB there's the option to see the file generated for BI.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question

If I have sessions that I have not corrected - and I try to run it again, will it attempt to process the data in the un-corected sessions? should I correct the sessions that are in error before I try to run the process again?

0 Kudos

Two things:

I would just delete the invalid sessions (select them and press the delete icon).

I think you are passing too many fields (or incorrect ones) in your BBSEG structure. For example if you specify a posting key of 40 (GL debit) and also specify a customer or vendor number, I think you'll see the sort of error you're getting. It'll go to the GL screen and when you try to put in a customer number, it should tell you that the customer number is not a field on that screen.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

with the help of this thread I was able to clean up most of the problems that I was having with my load program all except one. I am still getting the following error message from my SM35 process.

<b>Field BSEG-DMBTR. does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0303</b>

I am also using the fields WRBTR and DMBE2 and I ma having no problems with these. I am not sure what is different with this field as opposed to the other fields that I mentioned. I have the exact coding for each of the three fields. If someone can help me out with this, it would be a big help. I am not sure what to look at next.

0 Kudos

Hi

DMBTR is the amount in local currency you have to pass a value to it only if you have to post a document with foreign currency.

The amount have to be transfered in WRBTR.

Perhaps that error occurs because you're using the local currency.

Max

0 Kudos

BSEG-DMBTR <b>does</b> exist in this screen. Try posting a transaction manually and see what appears on this screen. There may be some config. issue here.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to use all three currencies. we are moving the documents from one french company to another french company and need to keep the currency amounts as they were. there can be no translation on the new documents for the new company

0 Kudos

Hi

but these are Frech company so I suppose they have the same local currency: i.e. EURO, don't I?

Max