Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY_LVC Short Dump

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm using FM's 'LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE' and 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY_LVC' to display data from a table. The field catalog is built from a table in the ABAP dictionary (custom table / SAP defined data elements).

When I execute like this, no problem. However, when I make one of the columns editable by setting the edit parameter of ct_fieldcat to 'X' I run into problems. Everything works great - I can display data, edit the field, save data, etc... but when I click on the selection icon for a material, date, etc... then I get a short dump with 'GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED'.

Again, it's only when I set one field editable that I run into the problem. And when set to editable, everything else works beautifully. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the problem? The fact that fieldsymbol is not assigned some times, or is it never assigned?

No matter what, you can always check if field symbols was assigned using:

IF <fs> IS ASSIGNED.

ENDIF.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

<DS>

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

read your dump carefully...do you have an error in fieldnames?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the problem? The fact that fieldsymbol is not assigned some times, or is it never assigned?

No matter what, you can always check if field symbols was assigned using:

IF <fs> IS ASSIGNED.

ENDIF.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

<DS>

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bruce

What do you mean by "...click on the selection icon for a material, date, etc..." ?

Do you mean you choose the F4 search help for an (editable) cell?

If so then the problem might be missing pieces of information required by the ALV to run the search help. Fields which are likely to be important are: ROLLNAME, DOMNAME, REF_FIELD, REF_TABLE

What does your fieldcatalog (LVC_S_FCAT) look like for the affected columns (e.g. F4AVAILABL, CHECKTABLE, VALEXI)?

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Ok, I figured out the issue. It was actually is_layout_lvc-stylefname was set to a wrong value. For some reason, when I marked a column in the field catalog as editable it exposed the error in method cl_gui_alv_grid->is_ready_for_input. Once I commented out that line, everything works fine.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was looking at those and debugging when I caught the issue.