Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Code 8 tranport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Sometimes I am getting Return Code 8 while transporting from DEV System to Q-System because the transport is consisting

of many transport requests and there are as far as I know dependencies between them.

The sequences of the requests must be transported and followed strictly otherwise I am getting RC 8 etc.

How can I generally prevent such circumstances. How can I findout generally which transport is the first one... the next one..

Regards

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no best way.

You can reduce the difficulties by creating less transports or by merging transports into one.

Create one transport, create tasks for all the developers. Ask the developers to keep their developments in a transportable active version - new processes may be temporarily excluded by IF or CHECK statements so that any early transport will not harm.

This way, transport errors are extremely rare.

Regards,

Clemens

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

On very large changes with many developers, this can be very difficult. I try to put domains and data elements first, then tables, ending up with programs...But sometimes, the only thing one can do is to go into the target instance and verify that the return code 8 objects activated, and to generate/activate if needed and possible.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no best way.

You can reduce the difficulties by creating less transports or by merging transports into one.

Create one transport, create tasks for all the developers. Ask the developers to keep their developments in a transportable active version - new processes may be temporarily excluded by IF or CHECK statements so that any early transport will not harm.

This way, transport errors are extremely rare.

Regards,

Clemens