Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Approval Workflow(WS14500015) Skipping Approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I have Implemented the Restart Approval Workflow WS14500015 based on the OSS Notes 777133.

The Workflow is Restarted by making changes in the Price and Quantity but it Skips some Approvers

and gets fully Approved.

Iam not sure of the reason for skipping.Should any other OSS Notes needs to be applied?

Thank You.

With Regards,

P.Arunkumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rina_spector3
Explorer
0 Kudos

there is a lot of cases to take care when you implement this restart .

One is for example you need to save the actual_approval_index when a critical change where made and use it as your base line adding to the original calculated approval index when there is no critical change made . (the badi is being accessed anyway ... ),

Best Regards

Rina spector

6 REPLIES 6

jaideepsharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check note 838575.

KR Jaideep,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for your Reply.The OSS Notes Controls whether the Workitem needs to be sent to

the Requester(SC Owner) incase of any changes.

Currently,iam getting the Work Item at Requester when some changes are done without applying the

OSS Note 838575, but the further Approvers are skipped.

I want to stop the Skipping of Approvers.

Thank You.

With Regards,

P.Arunkumar

rina_spector3
Explorer
0 Kudos

there is a lot of cases to take care when you implement this restart .

One is for example you need to save the actual_approval_index when a critical change where made and use it as your base line adding to the original calculated approval index when there is no critical change made . (the badi is being accessed anyway ... ),

Best Regards

Rina spector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rina,

Thank s for your answer.I have rewarded points.

Now iam facing another new issue.

Once the Shopper changes the Quantity or Price of the SC the Workflow is restarted

and the Shopper or Requestor receives the Work item to Accept the changes.

In the Approval Preview of the Shopper the Approver who made the changes to the Shopping

cart is displayed.

Once the Shopper Accepts the changes the Approver who made the changes to the Shopping cart

disappears from the Approval Preview.

I thorougly checked the BADI 'BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI' where i couldn't find any issues.

Please throw some light on this issue.

Thank You.

With Regards,

P.Arunkumar

0 Kudos

Hello Parameswaran ,

Our only possibility is to i "Pile" the approvers one on top of the other

so what i do i check whether a significant change was made.

(change of price cost center and so on ') if there is a change i add the index of approvers to the ActualApprovalIIndex

import paramter . so as to lift the approvalIndex i also save this index. if no significant change made i should asssume that there might be a significant change before and i need to read to Last saved index and add it artificially to my original levels .

I also add to the step name something like type of change so the user undersdands why this long list of approvers exist.

Best Regards

Rina

0 Kudos

Hi Rina,

Iam following the same thing as you have specified,but once the Shopper Accepts the Changes, and the same shopper

views the Approval Preview for the Shopping Carrt in the Check Status the Approver who made the change is not

Appearing in the Approval Preview.

The Work Item gets Logically deleted when the Shopper accepts the changes.

Thank You.

With Regards,

P.Arunkumar